The Dracaena Deremensis is a beautiful plant boasting long, sword-like leaves featuring green, lime and cream/white stripes. According to studies, it is in the top 2 of plants for purifying the air in any given room. A great plant if you are looking for something that is low maintenance and that will grow tall without taking up too much floorspace. It will form a tree-like stem when it begins to mature with foliage coming firstly from the top and at a later stage from below and the sides of the stem.
Watering and Maintenance
- This is a very low maintenance plant.
- Good drainage is important to prevent root rot.
- Only water when the soil feels dry (once per week) in the summer months and sparsely in the winter months.
- Regular misting of leaves is perfect for raising the humidity.
- Regular dusting of leaves is great to clear pores and allow for healthy foliage.
- TOP TIP: Only water when the soil feels dry and mist regularly for a healthy plant!