The Schefflera Arboricola also known as the Umbrella Tree has a beautiful lush green foliage. The finger like leaflet shaped foliage radiates our from a central point and each group of leaves will fan out (much like an umbrella). Easy to care for and highly rewarding giving a good backdrop for smaller plants to be placed in front in your planting display. The plant also has great air-purifying capabilities.
Watering and Maintenance
- This plant is a easy to grow in bright indirect light.
- Do not place in direct sunlight.
- Good drainage is important to prevent root rot.
- Water once per week or when the soil feels dry to the finger. Do not overwater and make sure there is no sitting water which can encourage root rot.
- Repotting: Best to re-pot the plant every 3 to 5 years into a larger pot.
- Plants To Your Door Tip: Only water when the soil feels dry and repot every 3 to 5 years to give the roots space to grow and allow the plant to mature.