Echinocactus grusonii is more commonly known as a Golden barrel cactus or Mother in laws cushion and is a well known species of cactus due to its attractive and easy to keep nature. The stem is globe shaped and covered in yellow or white spikes and when it reaches maturity changes to a barrel shape.
Watering and Maintenance
- This is a very low maintenance plant.
- Good drainage is important to prevent root rot.
- WATERING (April – September): Water when the soil feels dry.
- WATERING (October – March): No watering needed as the plant is in winter rest mode. (Only water if the plant begins to look shrivelled).
- Repotting: Best to re-pot the plant every 3 to 5 years into a larger pot.
- Plants To Your Door Tip: Only water when the soil feels dry in the growing months and not at all in winter.
Please Note: All sizes are overall and measurements are approximate although we do try to ensure they are as accurate as possible.